PMI serves practitioners and organizations with standards that describe good practices, globally recognized credentials that certify project management expertise, and resources for professional development, networking and community.
PMI offers a comprehensive PMP certification program for project practitioners of all education and skill levels. The PMP certification program demonstrates both your commitment to the profession and your expertise through certifying education, experience and competency. Rigorously developed by project managers, PMI certifications ensure that you and your projects excel.
As project management is one of the top skillsets demanded by organizations around the world, this is more important now than ever before. One-fifth of the world’s GDP, or more than $12 trillion, is spent on projects. And with many skilled practitioners leaving or scheduled to leave the workforce due to retirement — a trend the Society of Human Resources (SHRM) identifies as having a major strategic impact for 64% of organizations worldwide — there is a great demand for knowledgeable project managers
When these opportunities arise, certification helps make sure that you’ll be ready. There are already more than 460,000 PMI credential holders around the world and in every industry, from healthcare, telecommunications and finance to IT and construction.
ABOUT PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL PMP CERTIFICATION:
PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct projects.
This recognition is seen through increased marketabilty to employers and higher salery; according to the PMI Project Management Salary Survey Seventh Edition, certification positively impacts project manager salaries.
To apply for the PMP, you will need to have either:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
For complete details regarding the PMP eligibility requirements, please view the PMP Handbook at PMI.org (http://www.pmi.org/en/Certification/~/media/PDF/Certifications/pdc_pmphandbook.ashx ) for further details.
EXAM AND COURSE GUARANTEE - PMI OVOC OFFER
We at PMI OVOC strive to ensure that you will be successful in your PMP certification exam after training with the PMP Exam Prep classroom program offered by PMI OVOC. However, if you are unsuccessful on the exam we will reimburse you the value of the exam retake(s) up to the two exams allowed by PMI. However you must retake the exam within the timelines and provide additional information as identified in the detailed description of the
COURSE MATERIAL AND SCHEDULE:
The course delivery includes:
- Module 1 - Course Overview, Exam Overview, and Chapters 1-3 of PMBOK – Introduction of the Framework Version 5.0
- Module 2 - Project Integration Management (Chapter 4) – Process Flow, and Integration Management Processes
- Module 3 - Project Scope Management (Chapter 5)
- Module 4 - Project Time Management (Chapter 6)
- Module 5 – Project Cost Management (Chapter 7)
- Module 6 – Project Quality Management (Chapter 8)
- Module 7 – Project Human Resources Management (Chapter 9)
- Module 8 – Project Communications Management (Chapter 10)
- Module 9 – Project Stakeholders Management (Chapter 13)
- Module 10 – Project Risk Management (Chapter 11)
- Module 11 – Project Procurement Management (Chapter 12)
- Module 12 – Professional & Social Responsibility and Review
Modules 2 -12 also include group discussion on sample exam questions.
As part of these courses PMI OVOC makes available a 10 week subscription (starting mid way through the course) to AME Group Inc. http://www.amegroupinc.com/about.php PMP® online exam questions and detailed solutions. If attendees wish to extend the length of this subscription, they may do so by contacting the PMI Registrar. The cost will be that which PMI OVOC pays.
If attendees miss a particular session during the course they can attend the session on a future public course free of charge within a one year period. Attendees can also attend up to two sessions on a future public course while preparing for their exam free of charge. Contact the PMI OVOC registrar firstname.lastname@example.org, to make the appropriate arrangements if required.
You will also be provided a complete participant manual that is yours to follow instructor's slides and make notes throughout the course.
PMI OVOC INSTRUCTORS:
Each PMI OVOC PMP Prep course is facilitated by a number of our certified Project Management Professional Instructors. Each instructor follows established guidelines for the course. All material that is presented is consistent with and supports current PMI published standards. Read about our seasoned instructors by clicking here.
PMI OVOC also operates PMP Prep study groups throughout the year where one of our experienced instructors discusses areas where the participants need clarification or help. These dates are regular updated on the PMI OVOC website. Please see below.
Monday, May 4, 2015. The doors will open each morning at 7:45 AM for signin. The seminar will begin promptly at 8:30AM.
Ottawa Conference and Event Centre
200 Covertry Road
Early Bird Fee - $1207.00 (plus 13% HST) - Ends April 6, 2015
Regular Fee - $1420.00 (plus 13% HST) - Ends April 28, 2015
Please Note: If registration is CLOSED please contact email@example.com
PMI OVOC is pleased to announce the PMBoK 5th edition PMP Prep study group beginning this winter. Abdallah Abi-Aad will once again be the facilitator of these informative session.
Dates: Jan 29, Feb.12, Feb.26, Mar 12, Mar 26, Apr 9, Apr 23, May 7 & May 21
Time: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Cost: Complimentary for anyone that has attended a PMI OVOC PMP PREP Course
Location: will be communicated to the participants upon registering for the session
How to register?: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the session date you would like to attend
Objectives of the Study Group: The participants of these sessions must have already taken a PMI OVOC PMP Exam Prep course and they are preparing for taking the exam and they should have a copy of the PMBOK Guide, 5th edition. Thes objectives are to:
- Go through the PMBoK Guide, 5th Edition using the Process Groups
- Respond to the participants questions
- Discuss the areas of the PMBoK where the participants need some help or clarification
- Do PMP practice questions