As project management is one of the top skillsets demanded by organizations around the world, this is more important now than ever before. One-fifth of the world's GDP, or more than $12 trillion, is spent on projects. And with many skilled practitioners leaving or scheduled to leave the workforce due to retirement — a trend the Society of Human Resources (SHRM) identifies as having a major strategic impact for 64% of organizations worldwide — there is a great demand for knowledgeable project managers.
When these opportunities arise, certification helps make sure that you'll be ready. There are already more than 460,000 PMI credential holders around the world and in every industry, from healthcare, telecommunications and finance to IT and construction.
ABOUT PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL PMP CERTIFICATION:
PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct projects.
This recognition is seen through increased marketability to employers and higher salary; according to the PMI Project Management Salary Survey Seventh Edition, certification positively impacts project manager salaries.
To apply for the PMP, you will need to have either:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate's degree, or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
- A four-year degree (bachelor's degree or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
For complete details regarding the PMP eligibility requirements, please view the PMP Handbook at PMI.org, click here for further details.
PMI OVOC COURSE CALENDAR:
Each year PMI OVOC offers a comprehensive PMP certification exam preparation program to assist project practitioners to pass the PMP exam. The seminars are 40 hours in length. PMI OVOC is offering the following courses in the 2017 calendar year.
|January 23-27, 2017||5 day course||8:15 AM to 5:00 PM|
|February 27 - March 3, 2017||5 day course||8:15 AM to 5:00 PM|
|May 1-5, 2017||5 day course||8:15 AM to 5:00 PM|
|June 5-9, 2017||5 day course||8:15 AM to 5:00 PM|
|August 14-18, 2017||5 day course||8:15 AM to 5:00 PM|
|September 18-22, 2017||5 day course||8:15 AM to 5:00 PM|
|October 23-27, 2017||5 day course||8:15 AM to 5:00 PM|
|November 27 - December 1, 2017||5 day course||8:15 AM to 5:00 PM|
COURSE MATERIAL AND SCHEDULE:
The course delivery includes:
- Module 1 - Course Overview, Exam Overview, Key Concepts (Chapters 1-3)
- Module 2 - Project Integration Management (Chapter 4)
- Module 3 - Project Scope Management (Chapter 5)
- Module 4 - Project Time Management (Chapter 6)
- Module 5 – Project Cost Management (Chapter 7)
- Module 6 – Project Quality Management (Chapter 8)
- Module 7 – Project Human Resources Management (Chapter 9)
- Module 8 – Project Communications Management (Chapter 10)
- Module 9 – Project Stakeholders Management (Chapter 13)
- Module 10 – Project Risk Management (Chapter 11)
- Module 11 – Project Procurement Management (Chapter 12)
- Module 12 – Ethics and Review
As part of these courses PMI OVOC makes available a 6 week subscription to AME Group Inc. http://www.amegroupinc.com/about.php PMP® online exam questions and detailed solutions. If attendees wish to extend the length of this subscription, they may do so at their own cost.
If attendees miss a particular session during the course they can attend the session on a future course free of charge within a one year period. Attendees can also attend up to two sessions on a future course while preparing for their exam free of charge. The PMI OVOC registrar email@example.com, will make the appropriate arrangements if required.
You will also be provided a complete participant manual that is yours to follow presenter's slides and make notes throughout the course.
PMI OVOC INSTRUCTORS:
Each PMI OVOC PMP Prep course is facilitated by one of our experienced Project Management Professional Instructor team. Each instructor follows established guidelines for the course. All material that is presented is consistent with and supports current PMI published standards. Read about our seasoned instructors by clicking here.
The fees to attend this course can been seen on the events calendar on the PMI OVOC Home page for the costs and deadlines for individual courses.
If attendees miss particular sessions during the course they can attend the session on a future course free of charge. Attendees can also attend up to two sessions on a future course while preparing for their exam free of charge. The registrar, PMI OVOC will make the appropriate arrangements.
PMI OVOC also operates PMP Prep study groups throughout the year where one of our experienced instructors discusses areas where the participants need clarification or help. The schedule is published on the PMI OVOC website.
- Early Bird Fee - $1,257.00 (plus 13% HST)
- Regular Fee - $1,470.00 (plus 13% HST)
- Late Fee - $1,675.00 (plus 13% HST)